call (+27) 012 346 7858 | [email protected]
project management courses
Negotiation Skills for Project ManagersLearn how to analyse negotiation style, diffuse conflict and turn it into an advantage, as well as negotiate more effectively.
course delivery methods
Virtual Instructor-Led Training
Negotiation is an invaluable skill for any project manager. Not only do they negotiate agreements with vendors and contractors, but they must effectively negotiate with stakeholders, customers and team members throughout the life of the project. This three day, highly interactive experience covers the dynamics, processes and techniques of internal and external negotiation situations.
Short on lecture and long on practice, this course provides participants with the opportunity to experience one-on-one negotiations. They will learn how to analyse negotiation style, diffuse conflict and turn it into an advantage, as well as negotiate more effectively. Participants will receive coaching and feedback from the instructor and the other attendees.
By the end of the course, delegates will have explored the dynamics of both the competitive and collaborative models of negotiation as well as some of the implications of team negotiations. Not only will they have gained new skills, they will also have experience using them in realistic situations. To ensure these new skills are maintained, the course includes a Personal Action Plan that will ensure the integration of new knowledge and skills in both personal and professional life.
you will learn
- Recognise the naturally occurring structure of a negotiation in order to develop an efficient and effective methodology for preparing and conducting a negotiation
- Explore negotiation in the context of project management
- Leverage your negotiating competencies to improve your strengths
- Gain insight into how to better manage yourself, your emotions and your relationship with the other party
- Better prepare for complex and difficult negotiation situations