call (+27) 012 346 7858 | [email protected]
PMD Business Solutions
Continuing our approach to create solutions that suit the demands and complexities of each, we have drawn experience from the following industries:
IT & Software
Training to suit your needs
PMD Africa is committed to supporting organisations through designed and aligned training courses that are focused on organisational capacity building initiatives and the development of their people.
Through focused courses, and improved skills and knowledge, organisations will be better prepared in delivering strategy through a capacitated workforce.
This integrated solution is supported by a dynamic team who possess a wealth of relevant and experiential knowledge in public and private sector organizations to develop customized programmes to meet organisations changing needs.
course delivery methods
In-Person Training (IPT) Public
Classroom training is an excellent option for those who prefer a face-to-face learning approach. PMD Africa offers traditional instructor-led classroom options for a majority of our courses, in cities nationwide.
Scheduled year-round, and lasting between 2 and 5 days each, our classroom courses offer a fast and hands-on way to build the project management, business analysis and business skills, knowledge and techniques needed to become a top performer.
PMD Africa’s eLearning is a convenient way to get the project management and business analysis courses that you need. Our international partners Duke Corporate Education and StrategyEx developed and run a convenient online system which gives you the flexibility of logging in anytime to review course materials at a pace that’s right for you.
Each class is highly interactive and features real-life case studies along with the opportunity to collaborate with the instructor and other participants through online message boards and email.
With our online project management and business analysis courses, you can work toward earning a Master’s, Professional or Foundational Certificate from ESI and our academic partner, Duke Corporate Education.
Refer to the courses or certificate pages on the website to ensure that the course you are interested in is available on the eLearning channel. Alternatively, email us at [email protected].
In-Person Training (IPT) Onsite
PMD Africa is committed to delivering programmes that address your specific objectives, and have designed courses for both teams and individuals. Our expert tutors provide training at your company premises and work with you to discuss solutions for your skill gaps.
We then design your learning programme, which could include on-site courses, online courses and public training interventions. Once complete, assessments are reviewed to determine success.
Benefits of On-Site Learning:
- Dedicated team of expert tutors
- Tailored courses
- Reference materials
- Reduced travel
Almost all PMD Africa courses can be offered on-site, be sure to enquire about this at [email protected].
With the extensive experience of Duke Corporate Education and StrategyEx, all the PMD Africa Corporate Project Management Solutions are built to address the specific challenges that get in the way of you delivering on your commitments. If your organization has needs related to project, programme, or portfolio management, contract management, business analysis, or vital project leadership skills – our corporate project management focused courses have you covered.
Projects are the mechanism by which companies get things done. Whether projects exist to implement new services, develop and release new products, improve internal processes, upgrade systems, impact customer experience or manage company growth and expansion; results matter. Project success or failure clearly impacts the overall achievement of corporate goals and influences the bottom line.
- Understand your business and programme objectives
- Assess your people, processes, and culture
- Select the right curriculum, in the most effective learning modalities
- Validate your progress and calculate an ROI for your learning programme
- Troubled communication, team collaboration and project leadership
- Imperfect estimation and initial planning
- Inadequate risk identification and mitigation
- Poorly defined requirements and pained scope management
- Insufficient resource planning and management
- Inconsistent or unknown methodology and process
- Imperfect project prioritization and portfolio management
- Inability to identify or turn around troubled projects
- Weak PMO influence on the organization
- No understanding of individual or team skills, competencies and gaps, and no way to measure progress
- Deficiency in critical fundamental or advanced skills on the project team
- Failure to scale process and governance within global, enterprise-wide programmes
- Inefficiency within the changing business analyst role
- Challenged stakeholder engagement
- Weak alignment of managing programmes to business strategy
PMD Africa in partnership with Duke Corporate Education and StrategyEx also specialises in solutions for the public and government sectors. We believe that government project management courses alone are not enough, though.
To meet public demand for better and more services amid a budget squeeze, government agencies need three things:
- An integrated team approach
- People with state-of-the-art knowledge and skills
- A work environment that lets people improve how they work
Our approach to successful corporate and government project management is rooted within our PMD Africa Impact Model, which is designed to assist your organization in:
- Identifying clear and quantifiable execution baselines.
- Designing a road map for optimum learning and skills adoption.
- Measuring outcomes and validating investments.
In order to ensure long-term success and measurable results, we strongly encourage our corporate and government clients to consider implementing all components of the Impact Model. However, when that is not possible, PMD Africa is always available to step in and deliver market-tested services and business solutions for one or more of the Impact Model’s components without engaging in the others.
Whether implemented fully or partially, the PMD Africa Impact Model delivers value and results every step of the way.
Assess – Define baselines for where you are and where you want to go to realize success.
Implement – Build knowledge and skills for improved performance.
Adopt – Reinforce and apply learned skills.
Validate – Continually assess impact across all elements.
Evaluating and benchmarking current capabilities and performance levels allows you to identify and assess skill gaps that impede project execution.
Through PMD Africa you get to utilise the StrategyEx’s assessment process, which will enable you to:
- Establish capability baselines
- Identify organizational and individual strengths and weaknesses
- Apply continuous improvement to project management efforts
- Create an effective and viable project management structure
- Drive organizational change and organizational improvement
- Create the business case for development
- Determine ways to improve business, project and employee performance
Learning is an investment in your future. Like all investments, it should be analyzed to make sure it is addressing the right things for the right reasons. PMD Africa and StrategyEx’s individual assessments help ensure that learning offerings are targeted to the development opportunities that will have the greatest impact.
Validate the effectiveness of your learning
Through our project evaluation, PMD Africa in partnership with Duke Corporate Education and StrategyEx offers tools to assist you in validating the effectiveness of learning and its impact to project success. If someone tells you that professional training is helping you execute projects, this is a way that they can prove it.
PMI Africa offers tools to assist you in validating the effectiveness of learning and its impact to project success.
Through learning validation studies, PMI Africa helps organizations:
- Validate that learning is effective
- Focus efforts on areas that require additional help
- Identify successes and areas of opportunity
- Provide ROI of training programmes
Metrics that Matter (MTM): Customized views of ROI for your organization
- Get immediate impressions of learning to gauge anticipated usefulness
- Gather feedback to understand how learning was applied on the job
- Determine the financial impact of learning events to employee productivity/output