call (+27) 012 346 7858 | [email protected]
project management courses
Contract Management Principles and PracticesGet an overview of all phases of contracting, from requirements development to closeout. See how incentive can be used to improve contract results.
course delivery methods
Virtual Instructor-Led Training
Project managers, contract managers, and other professionals involved in the world of contracts must be able to work effectively together with customers, contractors, and subcontractors to accomplish key organizational objectives. Because contracts are developed in an increasingly complex environment, including the rising use of contracted supplies and services throughout government and industry, a solid understanding of the contracting process is critical and can give you an advantage whether you are on the buyer’s or seller’s side.
Get an overview of all phases of contracting, from requirements development to closeout. See how incentive can be used to improve contract results.
This course explores these vital issues from the manager’s perspective, highlighting key roles and responsibilities to give you greater influence over how work is performed. You’ll also discuss actions that can be taken to help ensure that contractors or subcontractors perform as required under the contract.
Lectures are combined with case studies, exercise and negotiation role-playing to maximize the learning experience. Plus, you’ll receive a comprehensive course materials package, including reference materials specific to each unit of the course.
Effective contract negotiation and administration can ensure project success, speed performance, and reduce risks and costs along the way. Discover the keys to contracting from your perspective in this practical course.
you will learn
- Identify contract components and understand the process from start to finish
- Select the right contract type for your project
- Decipher contract legalese
- Choose the offer that will result in the best value for the buyer
- Agree on objectives, requirements, plans and specifications
- Negotiate favorable terms and make revisions to the contract
- Apply rules of contract interpretation in project disputes
- Administer contracts appropriately, and know when and how to terminate before or upon completion