call (+27) 012 346 7858 | [email protected]
business analysis courses
Testing techniques for tracing and validating requirementsAttendees of this course will develop the competencies required to create test cases and scenarios in order to ensure adequate test coverage according to the risk level.
To ensure project success, planning and executing the testing process must begin as soon as the vision and scope for the solution takes shape. As the requirements for the solution are elicited, the business analyst and the test team develop and refine a master test plan. This plan incorporates test strategies to identify any defects in the requirements, solution or corresponding documentation.
In this interactive course, participants work to develop a master test plan under the guidance of an experienced instructor as well as perform exercises designed to help establish a risk-based and comprehensive master test strategy for a testing effort - activities which help the business analyst ensure that all requirements trace back to the business need.
Attendees of this course will develop the competencies required to create test cases and scenarios in order to ensure adequate test coverage according to the risk level. They will also learn about the different levels and types of testing commonly used in solution development today.
Reminder: Prior to taking this course, delegates should have acquired the background as taught in Eliciting and Managing Requirements and should not take Software Testing for Better Project Management.
you will learn
- Explain and apply the role of business analysis in the testing process
- Validate business requirements documentation and analyse models with stakeholders
- Verify that the solution conforms to technical specifications
- Recognise the importance of a testing methodology
- Decide what to test, and trace those requirements throughout the solution development life cycle (SDLC)
- Develop and execute a test plan
- Describe various testing techniques
- Explain how business analysis informs and contributes to testing
- Discuss the testing process from user and acceptance testing to component testing
- Explain the relationship between test strategies, test plans, test cases, and test scenarios