call (+27) 012 346 7858 | [email protected]
business analysis courses
Eliciting and managing requirementsThis course explores how the discipline of business analysis contributes to the work of a project, ensuring that the requirements of the solution being developed are fully elicited from, communicated to, and understood by all stakeholders involved.
Eliciting and Managing Requirements is designed for individuals responsible for doing just that - eliciting requirements from users and stakeholders and managing those requirements throughout solution development. The course looks at the processes around solution scope validation, collaborative elicitation, modelling the solution, documenting effective requirements, solution validation, requirements change management and how to plan the work necessary to successfully drive the whole process.
After the scope of a solution to a business problem has been proposed and accepted, the work (typically project-based) of designing and developing that solution must commence. This course explores how the discipline of business analysis contributes to the work of a project, ensuring that the requirements of the solution being developed are fully elicited from, communicated to, and understood by all stakeholders involved. Additionally, the course discusses how business analysis in the context of a project ensures that the solution developed fulfills the intended scope as well as covers considerations for managing requirements (and changes to those requirements) throughout their effective lifecycle.
A participant does not have to be a formally titled business analyst to benefit from Eliciting and Managing Requirements. Many formal project and programme managers find themselves being asked to apply business analysis to project work to ensure that what is developed actually solves the problem it was intended to. Anyone responsible for delivering specific outcomes that meet business needs or solve problems will benefit from this course.
you will learn
- Explain the critical role of business analysis with respect to requirements management
- Validate solution scope
- Use appropriate modelling techniques in requirements management work
- Plan requirements elicitation and analysis to maximise efficiency and estimate the required effort
- Determine the most appropriate techniques for eliciting requirements at different points in the analysis cycle
- Analyse various kinds of requirements into complete, coherent and organised requirements documentation
- Build consensus in order to validate and finalise the requirements
- Manage the requirements throughout the project life cycle